It is a surgical procedure.it curative procedure for the treatment of phimosis. Phimosis is a situation in which the prepuce over the glans of the penis can not be retracted behind the corona glands.
Congenital and Acquired :
Congenital – the vast majority of cases belong to this group. True congenital phimosis is one where the prepuce balloons out at the time of micturition.
- Traumatic: – especially during pulling of chains of paints young children may cause gross trauma to prepuce and foreskin. This results in the narrowing of the preputial opening.
- inflammatory: – Inflammation of glans i.e. Balanitis or post hotis i.e. inflammation of prepuce or more common combination of both may cause narrowing of preputial opening.
- Neoplastic: – Carcinoma is often followed by phimosis.
- Recurrent Urinary tract infection
- Recurrent Balanoposthitis.
- Inflammation of the bladder i.e. cystitis
- Carcinoma of Penis
- Inflammation of the kidney. i.e. Hydronephrosis and hydroureter etc.
It is done by 2 methods :
Male circumcision was one of the earliest surgery performed by humans. This procedure has the potential to decrease the risk of sexually transmitted diseases, such as the human papillomavirus, genital ulcer disease, and Human immunodeficiency virus infection. Additionally, it improves penile local hygiene and reduces the incidence of balanitis and penile cancer. This most frequently performed procedure by surgeons.
In a Conventional male circumcision procedure, the foreskin covering the glans of the penis is removed.
This procedure is done under local anesthesia in adults above 30 yrs of age.
Many times phimosis causes urinary tract infection, hydronephrosis (swelling to kidneys), retention of urine(blockage of urine outflow). Circumcision is done to relieve these problems. 3 types of conventional methods are described: the dorsal slit, the forceps guided method, and sleeve resection. These procedures have multiple side effects like bleeding, edema, unsatisfactory cosmetic results. Also, it is time-consuming.
The new circular stapler device is now available in India. It has two parts: an outer bell and an inner bell. The outer bell has a circular blade that cuts the foreskin and staples to close the wound. an inner bell at the same time protects the glans penis from trauma due to the stapler we are performing circumcision procedure with it.
This is a bloodless stitchless, painless method .it is a very safe method. same-day consultation and procedure can be done which avoids wastage of time (less time consuming).it gives a very good aesthetic look to the penis. it can be done within few mins. no need to stay at the hospital. the patient can walk few mins after surgery.He can do his daily activities from the very next day